It takes a village to raise awesome swimmers! We need your help to grow our team into a sustainable swim program for children in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom.
As a parent or guardian of a swimmer, your support and involvement are essential for the Northeast Kingdom Aquatics to exist as a team.
As a community, your team support is vital to bringing affordable and accessible competitive and recreational swim opportunities to Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom.
How you can help:
* Fundraising. Membership fees only go so far. Fundraising is key to opening the door for swim opportunities, scholarships, replacing team swim gear, attending meets that can help our athletes reach their goals–and maybe even put our little corner of Vermont on the map for swimming excellence. We need help planning, organizing, and putting on fundraisers throughout the season, including swim-a-thons, fun meets, pizza nights, bake sales, and silent auctions.
* Meet Timers & Officials. At meets, we need volunteer timers and trained officials to help officiate. Parents and guardians can become certified to officiate through a certification process.
* Marketing & Promotion. Growing a sustainable swim team requires getting the word out about our awesome team, the sport, and the opportunities that swimming offers for Northeast Kingdom children. We need help with press/media releases and social media promotion, submitting articles and photos to newspapers, getting the word out about our team activities, events, fundraisers, meets, and making/distributing flyers and brochures.
* Grant Writing & Community Business Support. We need help researching and writing grants that can help us grow and sustain our rural Vermont team and contribute to the health and wellness of Northeast Kingdom children, as well as future educational and athletic opportunities, such as scholarships. We also need help reaching out to area businesses for support.
* Coaches. As our team grows, we will need additional coaching support. Coaches are required to pass the Coach certification process through USA Swimming, including background check.